Buying an established FHO practice has many benefits
Purchasing a FHO practice comes with an initial upfront cost, but the long-term benefits far outweigh the short-term investment.
Get steady, guaranteed income from day one
Have optimized operational performance and practice stability
Benefit from improved work/life balance
of Ontario family physicians have switched to FHO
Expert help for a smooth transition
While the FHO structure is the most popular payment model within family medicine, it can also be the most complicated. With DoctorCare’s FHO expertise, you can transition into an existing practice with fewer growing pains and a faster ramp-up time than staring your own practice.
Key questions and issues to consider when starting a practice:
- What are you prepared to spend to step into a “full” medical practice immediately?
- Are you prepared to add your name to an existing office lease agreement, or sign a new one?
- What is the expense reimbursement structure at the office you are looking to join?
- Is it a solo or group office?
- How familiar are you with the administrative aspects of managing an FHO practice and roster?
- How big is the group and where are the locations?
- What partnership and group governance agreements are currently in place?
Need help deciding if a FHO practice is right for you?
DoctorCare will walk you through the ins and outs of running a FHO practice and help you make an informed decision.