What you need to know (and do) for the September deadline
As of April 1, you can submit your Preventive Care Bonus targets for the 2017-2018 MOH fiscal year. The cut-off date for submissions is September 1.
Here’s what you need to know before sending it in:
1. Calculate your Preventive Care Bonus threshold. Figure out how many of your enrolled patients have received Preventive Care services within the relevant screening intervals. i.e. [Number of Patients / (Target Population – Excluded Patients)] * 100%. Then use the billing code that corresponds to the percentage threshold you’ve reached in your Preventive Care efforts. For more information on this calculation and other details for preventive care bonuses, watch DoctorCare’s recorded “Best Practices Webinar: Preventive Care Billing.”
2. Backdate it. Bill your relevant Preventive Care Bonus code(s) and backdate your submission to March 31, 2018 to reflect your performance in the 2017-2018 fiscal year.
3. Use the MOH Preventive Care Target Population/Service Report. It was issued in April 2018, and can help you calculate the target thresholds you’ve attained. (For more details on thresholds, watch the best practices webinar mentioned in point 1.)
4. Sign up for the Cancer Care Ontario’s Screening Activity Report (SAR). It’s another tool for managing and tracking your Preventive Care in the Colorectal, Cervical and Breast Cancer Screening categories. Access it here.
5. Review your monthly Remittance Advice in the months following submission. You’ll find it under the “Preventive Care Bonus Accumulations and Payment” section – check it to ensure you’ve been paid your bonus for the previous fiscal year.
Note for FHG Doctors – To qualify to bill for the Preventive Care Bonus, you must have a minimum of 650 rostered patients.
Need more help navigating Preventive Care Bonus billing? We can help – get in touch with us.