This MOH form is now called the Ontario Perinatal Record (OPR)
Effective July 1, 2017, the newly named form – now called the Ontario Perinatal Record (OPR), includes the following major updates. You would typically use the Antenatal Form to bill your P003, P004, P005 and P008.
Expanded from 2 to 3 pages: The original two-page record has been expanded to three pages to allow for more thorough documentation of medical, genetic, and psychosocial issues (this is the requirement for billing P005).
Now a total of 5 pages: It now includes a page of mental health screening resources and a standardized postnatal visit record (postnatal you bill P008).
Updated sections & consolidations
- Updated genetic history and investigations
- Updated language respectful of gender identity and the multiple ways in which individuals may identify themselves as a parent
- Updated demographics to reflect newer methods of contact, planned place of birth, newborn care provider
- All lab and ultrasound tests are now on page 2
- A comprehensive section on immunizations
- Prompts for special circumstances requiring time sensitive interventions
- Inclusion of mental health screening questions and tools
- Grouped and expanded discussion topics by trimester
Where to access the new Ontario Perinatal Record (OPR)
The new OPR replaces the Ontario Antenatal Record 1 and 2. Physicians are requested to order the new OPR and destroy remaining Antenatal 1 and 2 forms. To order, go to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Central Forms Repository and submit the completed forms to OSSDistribution@ontario.ca (preferred option) or fax to 416-679-8192.
Technical specifications for the electronic version of the OPR are currently under development. It is expected that these specifications will be ready for the EMR vendors in winter of 2017/18. In the meantime, practitioners who use an EMR may want to use the 2017 OPR as a guide to care, while still working within their existing record. For details regarding when your EMR will be updated, please contact your vendor.