Good things do happen after 5pm!
The late afternoon and early evening schedules at most family physicians’ offices can be a challenge at times. Here is a reminder that there is a way to make it better – 30% better to be specific.
You probably already know about the After Hours Premium (Q012A) add-on code. With Q012 you are eligible for a 30% premium on the value of certain fee codes for scheduled and unscheduled services during an After Hours session coverage. More importantly, Q012 can be billed not only with the typical A codes (A001, A003, A004, A007, A008) but also:
- Q050A – Congestive Heart Failure Management Incentive
- K030A – Diabetes Management Assessment
- K005A – Mental Health Counselling (20 Minutes)
- K013A / K033A – Individual Counselling (20 Minutes)
- K017A / K130A / K131A / K132A – Periodic Health Visit
- A888 – Emergency Dept Equivalent (Weekends & Holidays)
The Q012A may only be billed when the above services are rendered to the enrolled patients of the billing physician or any other physician in the same FHO/FHG during a scheduled after-hours session.
As of now, it’s always best to add Q012 to the codes above during an After Hours session coverage.
For more information and greater detail surround the optimal use and compliance of this code, please contact your dedicated Regional Manager or DoctorCare directly @ 1-844-853-6396.